Sunday, May 20, 2012

The PolyStain Process....



The polystaining has begun!  Here you can see the bar top, the trim, and the panels of plywood that will be used for the base of the bar.  They are all drying after receiving one coat of the pecan polystain.  I'm guessing it's going to take at least 4 coats for the bar top since I'm using a high gloss finish on that.  I'm hoping the panels will only need 3 because I'm using a satin finish on those.

You can see a pile of wood on the garage floor next to the plywood panels.  Those are a bunch of 2x6 boards that my husband had purchased awhile ago to build my son a loft bed.  Well my son has since decided that he does not want a loft bed...  Now those 2x6 boards will be used to construct the base of the bar.  It's a bit excessive, 2x4s would be plenty, but there's no sense in buying more lumber when we have something on hand that will work.  Saves us some cash out of pocket right now.  At least our bar base will be pretty darn sturdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment